It’s the new year and we’ve kicked off with a huge security issue. Not only could this affect your computer, but it could affect your smart phone, tablets and more.
It’s basically a flaw in the design of processor chips that allows attackers to manipulate your data. There are 2 separate flaws, ‘Meltdown’ and ‘Spectre’ which everyone is now rushing to fix.
What you need to do :
- Keep you Anti Virus up to date
- Keep Windows / MacOS up to date
- Update your browser
- Consider installing an adblocker or script blocker in your browser
- Check with your PC manufacturer if there are updates to your computer
- Be on the look out for phishing emails
As ever, these flaws will be attacked via you and your email. So be careful what you click on.
For more information copy the following into your browser address bar :